You've learned how to use your ShotKam, and now it's time to learn how to improve your shooting by studying your ShotKam videos.
When watching your ShotKam videos, there are a few easy ways to identify why you missed (or how you hit) your target. Please watch the video below for more information.
Using the frame-by-frame feature on VLC media player (or any media player of your choice), you are able to look for mistakes such as canting your gun, aiming, lifting your head, having too much lead, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) My ShotKam videos look slanted. What does this mean? First, check that your ShotKam is mounted correctly, parallel with your barrel. If the ShotKam is mounted correctly and you're still seeing slanted videos, then this may indicate that you've got a canted mount. To learn how to correct this, please see minute 7 of the above video.
2) Should I study my videos on my phone, or use a computer? You're able to study your videos on either your mobile device on your computer, but to study the video in depth, we do suggest using your computer. You'll be able to work with a bigger screen, and easily go frame-by-frame to identify mistakes.
3) Is my computer compatible with the ShotKam? All computers that are Windows 8 and later are compatible, as are all Apple computers. If you have a Windows 7 PC, then some operating systems do not recognize the ShotKam device once it has been plugged in. The ShotKam comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you noticed that your computer does not recognize the device, please return it for a full refund.
4) How can I see the pellets? If you shoot against a blue sky (contrasting background to the black pellets), then you can see the pellets and wad for about 3-4 frames. This is more of a "fun" factor rather than a helpful factor. Once the pellets go out about 10 yards, then they are too small to be seen on video. The size of the pellet is smaller than a pixel at that point. With this said, we emphasize to always study your ShotKam videos before the shot is taken. We hope our tutorial videos have been of assistance in the first few weeks of having your ShotKam. If used correctly, the ShotKam will be the tool you need to improve your shooting technique and increase your scores quickly.
Email: email@example.comPhone: (855) 473 - 5227
Trick shot entertainer, Steve Gould, reviews the ShotKam Camera for use with long-range clay shooting, exhibition shooting, and a new discipline: vegetable shooting.
"A pretty cool tool if you're look to capture your shots whether that's in the field hunting birds, or if you're looking to up your game shooting clays, sporting clays, trap, or whatever it is with a shotgun. Really cool to give you that point-of-view feature. Easy to use — just the app, Wi-Fi, no problem." - Steve Gould
Shop Camera Now >
In this video, Emily will be answering your frequently asked questions and explaining how the ShotKam can help you.
Shop Now >
What is the ShotKam?
The ShotKam is a video camera that is specifically built for shotgun enthusiasts. It mounts underneath your barrel and is built to help you learn how to improve.
Why do I need the ShotKam?
The biggest frustration with shotgun shooting is that you have no idea why you missed. You may hear "you missed in front of it," or "you missed behind it." The reality is, you have no idea. The ShotKam will show you exactly what your barrel was doing when the shot was taken.
How does it work?
The ShotKam can intelligently detect all the movements of your barrel to know when to record. When the action of your gun closes, the ShotKam will begin to record a video. Once the ShotKam feels a recoil, then it will save the video of the shot, and a few seconds before and a few seconds after the shot as well.
What else do I need to know?
1) A comment we receive often is "my gun club doesn't have WiFi, so I couldn't use the ShotKam there to watch my videos." But the ShotKam has its own WiFi, so it does not need any other source of WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular data.
When the ShotKam is put into WiFi Mode, the WiFi module inside of the camera sends out a WiFi signal, and you can then connect your smart phone or tablet to that signal. Then, open the ShotKam app to watch your videos - anywhere, anytime.
Watching your videos will enable you to see exactly what was happening in the moments leading up to the recoil (and the recoil), to bring clarity to why you missed or how you hit a specific target.
2) The ShotKam is built, tested, and shipped from our main warehouse in South Florida. We are thankful to have grown to a point where we needed a few expansion stores in addition to our ShotKam USA website:
United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Ireland
We created these expansion stores in hopes of making the ShotKam a more accessible product for our international customers. Import tax costs are already included, you can pay in your own currency, and we can get a ShotKam to your doorstep within 4 days of you placing an order.
3) We've got a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. We think that you'll absolutely love our camera. If you find that the ShotKam isn't exactly what you were looking for, please send it back within 30 days for a full refund.
Shop Now >